Pages

This Blog in Other Languages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Banana, Orange, and Apple Salad with Honey and Lime Dressing

 Yesterday, my auntie from Banjarmasin, Borneo, came and gave me lots of Banjarmasin foods. She gave me fried beans, kerupuk, fish, chili and spices, tea, orange and lot more. All of them are salty, except the orange and the tea. Tee-hee, of course. Okay, today, I planned to make pancakes with apple and soy milk. First, I pour the soy milk into the measuring cup, and it smells really bad. And it's lumpy. I know that there were something wrong with that milk.

  




So I looked at the bottle and search for the expire date, and it shouldn't be the time yet for her. Poor milk. Because I don't want to poison someone with that milk, I threw it away into the garbage bin. So, because I don't have milk anymore, I can't make pancakes. I cleaned the kitchen and sit in my room. I really want to make something today.




I sat pretty long. Because I felt bored, I walked around the house, searching for ingredients that I can use to make something, even a simple salad. Then something pops in my head. I have lots of fruits in my fridge and in my dining table, sitting patiently, waiting for someone to come and eat them, and they're still fresh! So, why don't I make a salad? With the honey and lime dressing that I just read the recipe a few days ago. Yeah! I was really happy. I grab those fruits, which are lime, apple, orange from my auntie (my grandma always says that it's rude to not eat foods or use something whatever from a person/people that's our family, especially when they live far, far, away from your home, so, why not?) and banana. Oh, and don't forget the honey, of course. But honey is not a fruit. Okay, nevermind. Let's get cooking!




Banana, Orange, and Apple Salad with Honey and Lime Dressing

DRESSING
Recipe from Savory Sweet Life, adapted
Required time: 5 minutes
  • 1 tbs honey
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • A few sprigs of mint 
Mix honey and lime until well incorporated

Chop the mint well, then mix it into the honey and lime

Put in the fridge until the serving time
 
SALAD
Required time: 10 minutes

  • 2 small fresh ripe banana
  • 1 medium orange
  • 125 gr apple (I used fuji)

Cut banana into chunks

Cut the apple into bite size

Peel the orange, then separate them

Toss all ingredients into a serving bowl/glass, or whatever you have on hand

You're done! Tell me the result after you make it. G'bye!

P.S.: I promise I'll share the recipe for the pancake soon (;

No comments:

Post a Comment